Privacy, Cookie & Data Policy
Welcome to Filipina Wanderer! We highly prioritize your privacy and make this policy easily accessible throughout our site to assist you in understanding the handling of information during your visit to our website. This policy is grounded in our commitment to the highest standards of data protection compliance, including the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173) of the Philippines.
Information We Collect
When you engage with our services, we collect your Personal Information. This term refers to any data that can be used to identify a specific living person. This does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person.
We collect your Personal Information in three ways:
- When you provide it directly to us.
- When we obtain verification information about you or your company through trusted third parties.
- Passively through technology such as “cookies”.
Why We Collect Your Information
We collect your Personal Information to enable us to provide our Services and for the following purposes:
- To process your participation in our programs.
- To facilitate our marketing efforts.
- To process online orders.
- To establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- To fulfill any other purposes directly related to the above-stated purposes.
Sharing, Preservation, and Disclosure of Information
We may share, preserve, transfer, and disclose your Personal Information, subject to the Data Privacy Act and with your consent, to:
- Third-party suppliers and service providers that assist us in providing our services, to the extent needed to perform their duties and functions.
- Government authorities and entities that may have a legitimate and legal interest in the information, in response to a legal request such as a search warrant, court order, or subpoena, if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so under the law and taking into consideration the rules on attorney-client privilege.
Your Rights As a Data Subject
As a data subject, you have the right to:
- Be informed about the processing of your Personal Information.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information.
- Access your Personal Information.
- Rectify any inaccuracy or error in your Personal Information.
- Suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your Personal Information from our filing system.
- Be indemnified for any damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of Personal Information.
Principles We Follow When Collecting Your Information
We pledge to adhere to the following principles:
- Transparency: We ensure that you understand why we collect Personal Information, as well as how much we collect.
- Legitimate Purpose: We only use your Personal Information for specified, legitimate purposes.
- Proportionality: We only collect Personal Information to the extent that it is needed for the purposes specified in this Policy.
- Lawful Processing: We respect your right to refuse, withdraw consent, or object to the use and collection of your Personal Information.
We retain Personal Information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the declared, specified, and legitimate purpose, or when the processing relevant to the purpose has been terminated, to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, which must be consistent with standards followed by the applicable industry or approved by the appropriate government agency.
Changes to This Policy
If you have any questions or suggestions about this Privacy, Cookie & Data Policy, or would like to access or seek correction of your Personal Information, or if you have any complaints regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer. The contact information is as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Please note that you, as the requesting party, would need to cover the reasonable costs and expenses incurred by Filipina Wanderer for producing the requested information.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We utilize reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact our Data Protection Officer immediately.
Changes to This Policy
Acceptance of This Policy
Continued use of our Services signifies your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, you should cease using our Services immediately.